First up is Five for Friday:
1. I'm officially on my Spring Break, which includes my birthday tomorrow (the big 3-2)! How nice of them to give me a week off for my birthday.
2. Hubby and I are thinking about doing a cleanse to get us started off in a new, healthier direction for our eating and exercise (or lack there of). Thoughts? Any of you done a cleanse and have advice or recommendations? What about the Insanity workout? We are considering that, too. OR I could just use the gym membership I paid for...just a thought.
3. Exercise would also be good because exercise gives you endorphins. And endorphins make you happy. And happy people just don't kill their husbands. (Or their students. Ha.) But seriously--I'm so thankful to have a week off, I can't even tell you HOW THANKFUL. This year has been an interesting and stressful one thus far!
4. My students just finished up a new unit I created this year on Fractured Fairy Tales, and I have been working to get it completed and uploaded to TpT, but it is taking me forever (what with all my spare time and all). But seriously: my kids LOVED the fairy tales, and especially the fractured versions SO MUCH. At the end of the unit, each student wrote his/her own fractured fairy tale, and they were so cute!
5. Did I mention Open House is over? HOLLA.
Do you watch The Mentalist? It's very good. Until tonight, I've only seen it on repeats. There's a back story, but you can still pretty much follow what's happening if you tune in to a random episode.
God Bless SPRING BREAK. Oh wait, have I already mentioned that in this post?
OK, so I can't actually AFFORD an iPad. Those of you who have a Kindle Fire, what are your thoughts? Is anyone familiar with both? We use iPads at school, so I'm pretty familiar with that they can do. I also have an iPhone, and I've got lots of apps already. I have an old school Kindle that I like reading on. I dunno. I'm bad at decisions, and I don't like spending large amounts of money. :) I got a $150 Amazon gift card for my bday from my class (HELLO? AMAZEBALLS!), so that would go a ways toward the Kindle Fire.
Shopping! Tomorrow! My lovely in-laws got me a Dillard's gift card (my fave), so I'm gonna go check out any sale stuff they may have! YAY. Also planning to look for a new comforter/duvet, because ours is just plain worn OUT. We got it for our wedding, which was almost 5 years ago, and it's well loved.
I could really do with a long sleep. A loooooooong one. Baby boy is with the in-laws until Tuesday afternoon, so I plan to sleep in the next 2 days!
This was VERY hard with the letter G!
Like: glam sunglasses. I have about 10 pairs (there'd be more if I didn't break them or lose them so much), and they're always $20 or less, and I like 'em glam. The bigger, the better. :) I even have a pair with heart-shaped lenses that are outlined in fake tiny gems. And a turquoise blue pair. Yay!
Love: good days. Like I said, the letter G was very difficult! But you know: those really good days that don't come very often? Where you feel like your kids have really learned something, or you've solved a problem between friends or taught them a life lesson, etc? I love those days. I also love days where I get to spend time with my little guy and he snuggles me and gets the giggles!!
Hate: gossip that's intended to be hurtful. I don't know why people do it. Toxic people! They need to go away. Fun gossip is different--I'm all for that!
OK, finally--for my big birthday, my Teachers Pay Teachers Store will be 20% off tomorrow, Monday, March 11th, all day!
|(Haven't learned how to make buttons yet; this is the best I could do!)|
You may be interested in... (click each pic to view in my TpT store)
Engineering Station Pack: $1.60 after 20% discount
A Research Project Unit for ANY Topic: $2.40 after 20% discount
Counting Coins to $1.00: $1.20 after 20% discount
Place Value Numbers to 500: $1.20 after 20% discount
Famous African Americans Research Project: $3.20 after 20% discount