Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Classroom Work Day #2

Well.  My lovely cousin, Melissa, and I worked in my classroom Monday from 10 am to almost 9 pm.  With a short mid-day break to buy more fabric and pick up food.  I'm exhausted, but the room is coming along!

Don't get me wrong, it's still an absolute mess, but I love how it's looking, decor wise.  I hope you like it, too!

partial view from the entrance to my room

the new Word Wall letters I made to match my new colors


Citizenship bulletin board with glitter wrapping paper

Listen to Reading sign (my listening center goes right under this board)

wall outside my door (I'm standing in the stairwell to take this pic--
no one else has this big wall to decorate except for us stairwell peeps)

My new Welcome sign in all its glory
(the backgrounds are paper plates from Dollar Tree)

My new door sign (made them for my whole team)

My cute new bulletin board area with awnings!
Left will be a focus wall.  Daily 5 in center.  CAFE on right.

Close-up (can't find the cards for the first 2 letters, agh!)

View from a side angle

How we made the awnings stick out from the wall
(used a box cutter to cut the cardboard roll from my glitter wrapping paper)
(never would have figured this out--PTL for my cousin!)

I like the aqua glitter letters, but they are so small!
May have to cut some plan aqua ones on my Cricut; we'll see.

Hope you enjoyed my partial tour!  I'll be back with  more pics, but my room is a WRECK right now!  It amazes me how much work it takes to get the room put back together every year.  You'd think it would get faster with experience, but apparently not.  Sigh.  :)  

Only a few more days of freedom till I have to leave my little man full-time again.  *tear*

Linking up with Tara's Monday Made It for my cafe awnings (even though it's Wednesday, almost Thursday).  (Don't judge.)  :)  Oh, and I technically did all this on Monday, so it's cool, right?!  Lol.

Be sure to go check out everyone else's awesome creations this week.  I am always astonished at the creativity out there.  :D



7 comments:

  1. Wow! Cutest room I've ever seen! It makes me want to change my theme! Have a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks great. I love the colors & the glitter paper is a wonderful idea :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just happened to see the paper at Michael's and had to have it!

      Delete
  3. Love your room design! I am your newest follower and a blogging newbie. I would love it if you stopped by my blog at http://firstgradesensei.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Annah! I will definitely check out your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS your room looks amazing! Your kids are going to be SO happy in this classroom!

    -dede
    A Series of First Grade Events

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews