But I digress.
I came across this super fun linky party over at From Blood to Books (she used to be a nurse), and I have to participate even though I'm not a fashionista. :)
You should definitely click the (adorable) button to head over and link up so I get more ideas of how to look cool at school. :D
Here are the questions to answer when you link up:
Here are the guidelines...
1. Tell me your favorite store(s) that you like to get your "teacher's fashion".
2. What are some of your favorite accessories?
3. What type of shoes do you teach in? (i.e. heels, flats, wedges, etc.)
4. Do you have a "go-to" item in your closet? (i.e. sweater you wear weekly, shoes you wear daily, etc.)
5. Have you ever had a fashion "uh-oh" at school? (i.e. heel broke, button popped off of blouse)
Please feel free to post any cute items, sales, outfits that you have grabbed for this upcoming school year!
1) FAVE STORES: to shop at for teacher clothes are, in no particular order: Target (danger zone, I never leave there w/o spending at LEAST $50!), Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Kohl's, Dillard's. I also like Limited, Gap, and Banana Republic, but I try to find sales or go to the outlets.
2) FAVE ACCESSORIES: I have TONS of jewelry. I like to wear a statement piece if I'm wearing a plain outfit to spice it up (usually a necklace, but I have a lot of chunky rings as well). I'm not much of a bracelet girl. I can't do bangles at all b/c my wrists are chicken skinny, and they just fall off. (The bracelets, not my wrists.)
I have NOT been as good about accessorizing ever since I got preggo/had my son. LOL. I don't know; it's really all I can do to get myself to school in the mornings. There were several days last year that I went to school with WET HAIR. I know: for SHAME. But you know, desperate times. If you have children, you know. ;)
|I have good news. This necklace from Stella & Dot is on sale for $106.00. You're welcome. LOL. Kidding. I do NOT have this necklace, but I like it.|
3) TEACHING SHOES: I go to school in flats, but I'm usually barefoot by mid-morning! LOL. I used to teach in slippers, but a few years ago I had a weirdo sub wear my slippers when I was gone (the kids told me ALL about all the weird stuff she did the next day!!), so I got rid of those slippers and keep forgetting to get some more "school slippers." Yes, I keep forgetting for several years now. Maybe typing this will remind me to buy some new ones. LOL. From August-October, I wear sandals/flip flops almost every day. It's Texas. It's still hot in October. Evvvvvvery once in a blue moon I'll wear some heels, but my feet are always killing me by 9 am. I have bunions, you see. Anyone? Anyone? But yeah. They HURT. They hurt no matter what shoes I wear, but they REALLY hurt in heels. Sucks for me. TMI?
|CUTE! from Betsey Johnson. I love flip flop slippers.|
4) GO-TO ITEM: I have this knit cardigan-ish sweater that doesn't close in the front (you know, it hangs down but doesn't button or anything?). It's like a beigy color, so it goes with a lot, and it's very cute. :) I also wear my glittery zebra print ballet flats from Target a LOT. They instantly jazz up a "boring black pants" day. :)
|Not these, but close. Mine are more rounded and aren't sequins. Just GLITTER. :D|
5) FASHION UH-OH: I can't think of a fashion uh-oh at school. The only oops I can think of doesn't have anything to do w/fashion. I was pumping at my desk last year when I was still nursing, and the maintenance guy walked in on me! (Yes, my door was locked, but he came in anyway!) AWKWARD. But yeah, there you go.
So there you have it. If you made it this far, you get a virtual cookie--longest post ever! LOL.
I hope you'll leave a comment (I love to read them!) and then go link up! :D