Friday, January 25, 2013

Freebie Friday!

We just started our early morning tutoring this week, or as we call it, "Enrichment" program.  I've really been consumed with getting together some fun math activities to work on with the 2nd grade sweeties that are coming to work with me on Thursdays.  After all, I'm not too bright eyed and bushy tailed at 7:00 am, so I figure if it's fun, maybe it will help perk 'em up a little.  :)

I made this tonight for them to practice separating their coins (quarters with quarters, dimes with dimes, etc.) and then to add them up.  They are quite good at naming the coins and each coin's value, but when it comes to adding them up...not so much.  I'm hoping we can get right to work on this next Thursday.  Counting coins is my #1 nemesis in 2nd grade, closely followed by telling time.  OY!




I had to create it in black line because my printer ink costs are steadily getting OUT OF CONTROL.  There.  I said it.  I'm a printeraholic.  Sigh.

On a fun note: I just bought/downloaded Microsoft Office for Mac on my fab Macbook, and the whole package was only $10.00 through my school district!  HOT DIGGITY DOG.  So this is my first official PowerPoint creation, as I've been creating in Apple's Keynote until now.  PowerPoint for Mac looks WAY different than the Windows version, but hey.  Whatcha gonna do?  Once you go Mac...

Anyway, I hope this might be helpful for someone--click the link below to download it for FREE from my shop on Teachers Pay Teachers!

My Money Mats Freebie

Oh, I'm sorry.  I forgot to tell you something...

HAPPY WEEKEND!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews